Arizona's coolest summer fun run! Literally. Participants will be cooled along the way by our "Splashers" - who will use Super Soakers and water balloons to reduce the impact of our Arizona summer swelter! Each participant will also bring 2 items of school uniforms, clothing, or school supplies for donation to Sojourner Center, a local non-profit that helps kids displaced by domestic violence. All proceeds and donations will go to Sojourner Center.
All proceeds benefit Sojourner Center. Participants must also donate 2 items of school uniforms, clothing, or school supplies at the run.
Dashers are encouraged to wear goggles - the goofier and more outlandish, the better. Prizes will be awarded for best goggles! Don't worry though, our Splashers will be instructed to avoid head shots - so you won't actually need them.
Run it. Walk it. Either way is fine. Just have fun, and donate generously. Runners will start first, with walkers starting shortly after.
Splashing is a job for kids! Kids from our community are invited to come down and join the splashing! Splasher rules:
- There is no fee to be a splasher - parent or guardian must simply complete a Splasher Liability Release form and bring it to the event.
- Children 12 and younger only please. Older children should consider dashing!
- Splashers must check in with a parent, and parents must sign a liability waiver.
- Splashers must each bring 2 items of school uniforms, clothing, or school supplies for donation to Sojourner.
- Bring your Super Soaker, water balloons or other splashing gear, but please no "guns"
- Splashing gear should be designed for use by children ages 12 and under.
- If you bring water balloons, please bring them pre-filled and ready.
- Water balloons and water for splashing devices will be available at the run.
Afraid of a little good natured splashing? We still want you. Dashers who prefer to stay dry should wear red, and carry a white hanky, cloth or flag. Wave your white as you run by the splashers to show you've already surrendered. We can't promise you won't get any splashing, but our splashers will be instructed to avoid hitting you!
Full size slideshow
Saturday, July 18th
7:00 AM start time
5K (3.1 miles)
(Greenbelt through parks, no street crossing)
Men's Best Time
Women's Best Time
Men's Best Goggles
Women's Best Goggles
Map & Parking
Registration and start line staging will be inside Big Surf Water Park. There is plenty of parking this year, in Big Surf's lots!